Call for Papers for
Workshop on Solar Energy: Fundamentals and Applications
The increasing demand of more energy consumption but low emissionsof greenhouse gases and pollutants has been motivating people to search for clean and renewable energy sources to replace conventional fossil fuels. Solar energy, which is plentiful, cheap, and widespread, is no doubt one of the most promising alternatives to power the world in a low carbon way. This workshop on solar energy is part of 1st ACTS (http://acts2017.org/?page_id=94), and aims to bring together leading researchers and engineers to share and discuss the latest experimental and theoretical advances and developments in solar energy. We are looking forward to seeing you in Korea.
Topics of Interest
Topics of interest include the following areas, but not limited to:
- Solar thermal systems
- Solar thermophotovoltaics, solar thermoelectrics
- Solar energy storage
- Thermal management of solar cells, including passive or active cooling techniques
- Concentrating solar energy utilization
- Light trapping, photon recycling, suppression of nonradiative recombination, up/down conversion, etc.
- Thin film, multi-junction, organic, single-nanowire,andflexible photovoltaics systems
- Photovoltaics hybrid with thermoelectrics, piezoelectrics, etc.
- Solar water splitting,solar desalination
- Emerging topics on solar energy utilization or storage
YiminXuan, Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, China
Deadline of submitting abstract: August 31, 2016
Deadline of submitting extended abstract: October 31, 2016
Early bird registration before: December31, 2016